Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today's blessing

Back in October, at our regular clinic visit, I asked about Ben getting swim/aqua therapy. Our doctor wrote the prescription and we got put on the waiting list here at Nationwide Children's Hospital. A TWO YEAR waiting list. While I was excited, I knew that he needed to be in a pool now to get the benefits of the water.

I decided to join the local YMCA. I figured we could at lease do something while we waited. Our physical therapist gave me a few ideas to get started. Simple things like walking side to side in the water are a huge benefit.

Today was our second visit. I had 5 of the kids with me to explore the fun of swimming. See, none of my kids have had swimming lessons. Ever. They have been swimming a few times, but are not very comfortable in the water and I want to change that. I grew up in a pool!

When we arrived, we scanned our cards and then I hear someone call my name. I looked and she seemed vaguely familiar. I then I remembered! She was someone who was in my homeschool group a few years ago. We got to talking and catching up while the kids got changed into their swim clothes. I told her about Ben's diagnosis and one of the reasons we were at the Y. She informed me that she is a certified swimming instructor there and that she would be happy to give my kids private lessons every week! I am soooo excited! HUGE blessing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment