Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MDA clinic TOMORROW!

Tomorrow is Ben's first MDA clinic appointment! It was supposed to have been 2 weeks ago, but they canceled due to the weather. I have been looking forward to this appointment for a long time...since his diagnosis on December 29.

Some things that I am looking forward to are asking my numerous questions! I have learned so much in the last 3 months-more than I would have wanted to know really. But I have questions that are specific to Ben. Today is one of those days where I am optimistic, hopeful that the cure for Duchenne is just around the corner. Not every day is like this, I also have my days where I am just sad, frustrated and overwhelmed. I like days like today.

I am so thankful for the community of DMD folks; for sharing their stories, their information, etc. I have learned so much and still have a lot to go! If we continue to come together, our voice for the need for a cure will be stronger and louder. Are you doing your part? Are you making a difference for your son, nephew, cousin, brother? What about future sons, nephews, cousins, or brothers? Let's do our part in making Duchenne a common household name and therefore putting it out there and letting people know that there still IS NOT a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment