Sunday, May 23, 2010

MDA Stride & Ride PICS





Yesterday was hard. I thought I would be fine and I guess i didn't really think about it too much. We got there and were told where to go for registration. That part was okay, it took a few minutes registering all the kids. We then walked over to our team's table to get our shirts and badges. Then I actually looked around.

Wham!

Reality set in AGAIN. My son has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Wow. My son will experience the same things as these boys. Power wheelchairs. Not regular wheelchairs...power ones. Their arms aren't strong enough to get them around. The heartbreaking thing I saw was the team that was walking in honor of their loved one who died.

While it was tough, I am so glad I went. I saw a group of people come together for a purpose. That purpose is to help these boys (and girls) by raising awareness and raising funds for research. Out of the 120ish people that were there, more than $12,000 was raised and contributed to the MDA.

God's grace is sufficient. I am trusting in Him. I know that He will not fail me. In whatever may come, He will still be God and he will guide us through this journey.







No comments:

Post a Comment