Sunday, June 20, 2010

Clinic Time!


We have another clinic appointment coming up on Wednesday. I'm excited about it (sort of) because I have a better grasp of what we are dealing with and know how to direct my questions. We will be seeing a new doctor, as our neurologist has moved away. I am eager to see who it will be. From the ones that I have met so far, I would be happy with any of them. They are doing tremendous work at Nationwide Children's Hospital in the area of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy!

Our current medicines & supplements include:
  • Deflazacort (steroids)
  • flax seed oil (in the capsules)
  • multi-vitamin with extra vitamin C
  • Calcium chews (600 mg)
  • Vitamin D-helps the Calcium absorb better
  • Vitamin E
  • Selenium-helps the Vit E
  • Vitamin C-just added this one last week
I still have much to learn! Ben is doing pretty good right now. We are living normally, just making adjustments as we go. We recently got a wagon for him for when we are places that require a lot of walking. I am also going to be applying for a disability placard for our van after his clinic appointment this week. Since children who have DMD get tired so easily, why waste all their energy in the parking lot and not the intended place??

We took a trip to COSI this past week. It is a hand's on-science museum. They had Big Machine's week and the boys had a blast! Living it up :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment