Friday, June 25, 2010

Disability Placard

We got Ben's disability placard today. I had never really thought about it until reading some comments on my Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy MOMS page on facebook. Even though he is not in a wheelchair yet, he does get tired with a lot of walking. It isn't too bad just going to the grocery store; we usually just get one of the car carts and he is fine. I don't plan on using it at the grocery store for that reason, because we don't need it there yet. For now, I just plan on using it when there is a large parking lot and no carts nearby.

I really got to thinking about it because my husband is on vacation from work this week. We have plans on going to several places that require a lot of walking. I saw that someone mentioned, "why waste all his energy in the parking lot?" Good question. I asked our doctor at clinic and he said something like that was up to me for when I felt we were ready for it. He wrote the prescription for it and I took it to the BMV today.

I guess the next step is actually using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment